1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that offers the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals. (400M Swim, 20K Cycling and a 5K Road Race).
6. The Triathlon Relay is an OPEN EVENT for 2021. No qualifying by state or limited event is necessary.
The events in this sport are the 400M swim, 20K cycling and the 5K road race.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place within each age division.
1. This event will be conducted in accordance with Triathlon Federation/USA rules except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write, email or call: