1500M on a Track or Road course
5K on a road course
1. Power Walk event will be a qualifying event for the 2021 National Senior Games. All athletes who compete in Power Walk at a 2020 qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. The minimum distance acceptable for qualifying will be 1500M.
3. The preferred 5K Power Walk at the State qualifier is on a road course but the State qualifier will have the option to use a track for the event. The National Senior Games 5K Power Walk event will be held on a road course.
4. If a track is used the 5K is referred as a 5000M.
5. No canes, walkers, headphones, cell phones or water bottles allowed during the event.
1. Athletes qualified in either the 1500M or the 5K power walk may compete in both events.
2. Athletes must have competed in a 2020 qualifying games in order to compete at the 2021 National Senior Games. It can also be counted as a third sport ONLY for the 2021 National Senior Games.
Courses and formats for the 1500M and 5K will be determined by the availability of facilities in the host city.
The circuit for 5 km should be conducted on the road in a recommended loop of 1000M and 500M between turn around to turn around. The 1500M Power Walk can be held on a road course or a track.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
1. All Power Walking events will be conducted in accordance with USPWA rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please email or call: