The Official newsletter of The Louisiana Music Hall Of Fame February 2009 with January updates and projections for 2009.
After our fantastic Christmas Party on the North Shore where Ellis Marsalis and Jay Chevalier performed and were Inducted, Deacon John rocked the show and Gov. Dave Treen made a guest appearance as a vocalist, we’ve rolled into 2009 with new networking initiatives and a first partnership project with the Louisiana Lottery.
Plans for 2009 include:
- expansion of our Induction events across the state with 7 regional events for the year, including a return to The Abita Quail Farm in December for our “Christmas Party”;
- presentation to Fats Domino of a special group of photographs and artwork from LMHOF & Capitol/EMI records
- returning photos lost in Katrina to Fats via digital technology;
- presentation to Clarence “Frogman” Henry of a certificate of achievement for being the 1st Inductee to reach 10,000 views of his edited Induction performance video on You Tube;
- presentation to Phil Phillips (“Sea Of Love”) of a special commendation from the LA, Los Angeles that is, City Council honoring Phil for Lifetime Achievement;
- February additions to the Virtual Museum GALLERIES MUSIQUE of video and images albums for Christmas Party announced Inductees (Mahalia Jackson, Louis Prima, Jelly Roll Morton, Lead Belly, Webb Pierce & Floyd Cramer);
- presentation of edited video to the New Orleans City Council on Al “Carnival Time” Johnson in conjunction with the honoring of Al by the Council, first in a series;
- introduction of our first educational pods (or A/V presentations) into the school systems of the State of LA, beginning with the Baton Rouge Center for Visual & Performing Arts;
- first airings of “Louisiana Ticket”, the LMHOF TV series on Louisiana Artists and music – in HD – through Cox Baton Rouge, Cox Lafayette (and hopefully Cox New Orleans) systems;
- many scheduled interviews/oral history including Ellis Marsalis, Benny Spellman, Huey P. Meaux and 1980 LMHOF (1st attempt) founder Del Moon (now a current LMHOF board member;
- a reunion of (John Fred’s) Playboy Band;
- introduction of the LMHOF Writer’s Annex (for songwriters), LMHOF Front Office (for music businessmen and women),LMHOF Performer’s Stage (for performing musicians) and LMHOF Regions 1 through 4 Inductees
- archiving of newly received audio interviews and photos from publications & organizations across the country;
- acceptance of lecturing on Louisiana Music and Artists for the LSU Lagniappe Education Series in 1 hour, 2 hour and 6 hour course presentation fromats.
- and much more……