1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes must qualify in each badminton event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2021 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
1. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
2. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31, 2021.
3. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Natural-feathered shuttlecocks will be provided.
Tournament format will be round robin, with as many players as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket. Quarterfinal losers will compete for 5th through 8th places.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
Default during competition Rule R will be strictly enforced.
1. For a full listing of the NSGA rules for badminton, please click on the “Rules” button at the top of this page. Additionally, all matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton Association rules. For a copy of these rules, please write or call: